Monday, October 26, 2009

Day Old Cassrole

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. ~1 John 4:1

Indeed.

When it comes to matters of the heart, your relationships....mind your tongue.

Can you truly know the frame of reference of the person you confide in? Can you be certain that person has the Spiritual maturity to intercede on behalf of you and your beloved? ~Before you spill your marital problems, be sure you know WHOM your speaking with. Does the advice come from righteously sound counsel? Think about that before you call your "friend" to "vent". To Whom are you speaking to? or for that matter to WHAT?

~Does this source allow you to go on and on about how awful your spouse or boss is?
~Do they "co-sign" during your "venting"..
~....remind you later of your frustrations once you have just simmered down?
~Do they take you to Margarita night when you just told them you were trying to lose 15 lbs?
~Do they tell you to go ahead and get that bag at Nordstrom.. when its SO not in your budget?

~Is this advice... from a reliable source? Always check your source. How successful are they in the area you need help in? Have you allowed yourself to be a vessel in which misery travels forth and to?

I must admit I have...
..you guys know I am (literally) an open book now and errrr body knows my biznazz...(:-). However freed I thought I was from the opinions of others there was nothing like having my indescretions throwned up in my face to remind me just how close the enemy hold us in his deck of playing cards. I had a rude awakening to how he plays the game...when I realized that not everyone had the sincerity about my revelation. Conversely, someone I allowed to carry over into my new walk from the shadows of my misery tried to pour a rain cloud in my pertual Sunshine.

Thank God for wisdom and obedience. Because He knows what we do not...He instructed me to stay away from my "friends" (on facebook... and in everday) long enough to see who it was that truly held my interest...

wow.

No sooner than I was finished with my fast.. did this evil cloud reveal itself.

See, In my darkness, I relied heavily on the confirmation of others ..."friends" who would give well meant advice...and some... not so much.

But that was in the darkness...And we don't dwell in what we can no longer see.

Trust me... I don't see you. Your misery is beneath my current understanding ;-)

The next time you are having problems maritally, financially, or evenprofessionally.....ask God to ponder your heart with understanding of what it is you need to do in whatever situation...then WAIT for the answer. It always comes.


In any case, I have learned this valuable lesson.

Advice, like casseroles...ALWAYS tastes better the next day. Pray on it...then put it in the fridge overnight and let the flavor sink in. Yummy.

Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.- Psalm 37:34

No comments:

Post a Comment